Received some feedback on release 1.00 of Test::Timer, this has resulted in further improvements and release 2.00.
The diagnostics of failing tests using Test::Timer, now also presents the actual execution time observed.
Next goal of the next feature release, is to handle higher resolution than seconds. In the mean time a release with improved documentation is planned to go out.
Until next Timer – release, take care
I have uploaded a maintenance release of Date::Holidays to CPAN.
I am planning a lot of activities in relation to Date::Holidays (more on this is an upcoming blog post).
For now I have added a lot of tests of some of all the modules that Date::Holidays has adapters for and some which have not been evaluated completely yet. I am trying to get an overview of the actual status of Date::Holidays and related modules in order to plan further progress.
A part of the larger plan, is the introduction of a proper homepage. So just as for Test::Timer, Date:.Holidays now has a more appropriate representation on the web build using Github pages (also described in a blog post).
So more activity will follow in relation to Date::Holidays – I just need to flesh out the details and the plan.
Yesterday while sitting at the computer working on a release Workflow I received a Github issue.
Test::Timer is a Perl test module that can assist in specifying timing thresholds for code execution. You can then specify that your test suite should break if the code takes too little or too much time.
The concept requested was simple, in the diagnostic messages emitted from the module, the thresholds specified should be mentioned. The implementation did not take long to implement.
However since the diagnostic messages was changed and somebody might be relying on these I decided to make it a major release to indicate this somewhat breaking change.
Thanks to Nigel Horne for the issue report I hope the implementation meets your needs and expectations.
Test::Timer 1.00 has been uploaded to CPAN, feedback most welcome.
Have a nice weekend,
First release of Workflow in a long time, but luckily I received a pull request from Oliver Welter
Oliver Welter has earlier offered patches implementing custom workflows (1.35 and 1.37) and factory subclassing (1.35) and now improvements in logging for condition validation with the latest release 1.43 – thanks Oliver, you make me look lazy 🙂
During the testing of the release I ran into an issue with the Dist::Zilla plugin: Dist::Zilla::Plugins::CJM. Related to failing tests due to deprecation. David Golden has offered a pull request, but the author Christopher J. Madsen seems unresponsive and his activity level on Github has flatlined
Changed configuration to an alternative by Dave Rolsky and everything seems to be running as expected.
Release should be available on CPAN shortly – have a nice weekend,
I am happy to announce a new release of Date::Holidays. The release is 1.04 and is based on work by Vladimir Varlamov, namely an adapter for Date::Holidays::BY, a module for handling holidays in Belarus.
Thanks to Vladimir for his contributions.
Unfortunately I got carton’s local/ directory included in the distribution tar-ball, which Alexandr Ciornii (CHORNY) was quick to tell me so 1.05, got shipped shortly after.
Thanks to Alexandr for bug report.
Holiday season is coming up, so check out Date::Holidays